Sunday 7 January 2018

A Lot Happening Over the Past Week and a Half!

Hi all,

Recently a lot has been happening on the layout, and really I'd normally be making a million posts each day at this rate, but I guess I just didn't get around to it until now. Over the past week and a half I've been fitting the backboards to the wooden baseboard and doing some finishing touches to it prior to painting. Attached below is a before/after of the baseboard work. Note the London Underground car in the first image. Also note the lack of rolling stock and siding in the second picture, plus the bag of nails! 

After a couple of days of baseboard work, I began nailing down the track, to determine how I'll make the platforms and how I'll wire the layout, as I will most likely make it DCC. 
Above: The layout as it is now, with track nailed down and trains on. I think I've become too used to 57ft DMU's, that Hornby Mk1 looks huge in comparison to the Class 108 cars. The other day I also went down to my local hobby shop to get a few more supplies, including:
- One last section of Peco Code 100 Flexitrack, which was cut down for use in the siding and for the lower level track.
- A pair of Peco point motors (surface mounted) for the 3 way turnout. These were expensive mind you!
- A Metcalfe PO400 Platform Underpass card kit (kit supplies materials to make two of these).

- 4 x SL-40 Peco Buffer kits.

And it all added up very quickly! And you guessed it, it was those point motors that really pushed the price up! I've also designed a new header for the blog, which will replace the stupid brick wall and notice board!

No comments:

Post a Comment