Friday 8 December 2017

Tracklaying Commences at Kingsborough

Hi all,

Yesterday I got the idea of modifying the trackplan. This involved changing the existing two junctions into a three way turnout. This had a lot of advantages including:

1. It allows the station to be bigger. (Meaning 3 car trains can operate into BOTH platforms!)

2. It looks better (ie. more complex trackwork looks better, although not too complex).

3. It means I can rethink the scenery a bit more. (I have started thinking about this a little, and another post will come once this plan is finalised).

Today I went down to my local hobby shop to finally get started on tracklaying. I bought 3 sections of Peco Code 100 Flexitrack and also a Peco Medium Radius Code 100 3 Way Turnout (Insulfrog). I also got some Peco Rail Joiners (1 pack of Isulating Joiners, and 1 pack of regular metal ones). I also got track pins in preparation to when I get around to nailing the track down. Attached below are some images of the track placed on the layout, not yet nailed down. I have also slightly reworked the blog to enhance it's appearance and make it more appealing.

Below: A overall view of the trackplan. Note the BR Class J50, ex-LNER Thompson Coaches (plus Mk1 BG) and BR Intercity Mk1 set. Also note the mess below the layout.

 Above: A general view of the 3 way turnout.
Below: The view of the now extended tracks for the station. The siding below is still a work in progress.

Above: The former Parcels siding ended up too short, subsequently meaning I had to compromise. Now it will become a Shunter's siding for refuelling diesels and it may perhaps still be used for Parcel loading/unloading.
Below: The insulator joiners close up.

NOTE: I will as much as I can try to post as much as possible on this Blog. Posts will usually be weekly, but when school holidays come around, I think I'll be posting more frequently. I will hopefully upload more photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment